Chlorendic anhydride is a reactive chemical intermediate used primarily in the preparation of flame-retardant polyester resins and plasticizers. It is also used as chemical intermediates in the manufacture of anti-corrosive (unsaturated) polyester resins with special applications in electronicsl industry, panelling, engineering, plastics and paints. A major application is in fibreglass-reinforced resins (composites) for process equipment in the chemical industry.
Physical and Chemical Properties
1. Product Name: Chlorendic Anhydride
2. Chemical Name: 1,4,5,6,7, 7-Hexachloro-endo-5-norbornene-2,3-dicarboxylic anhydride
3. Synonym: Hexachloro-endo-methylene tetrahydrophthalic anhydride
4. CAS No.: 115-27-5
5. Structure Formula:
6. Molecular Formula: C9H2L6O3
7. Molecular Weight: 370.85
8. Melting point: 237±2℃
9. Solubility: It is slightly soluble in water, n-hexane and carbon tetrachloride and is easily soluble in acetone, benzene and toluene.
Appearance: White fine crystal without dust
Purity: 99% Min.
Content of chloro: 57.0%±0.2%
Color: 100 Max.(Hey)
Volatile: 1.0% Max.